Food and Beverage Emphasis
Combine your passion for food, serving guests, and business savvy into a rewarding career!
The Food and Beverage Management Emphasis prepares students for leadership roles in a dynamic and growing industry.
Educational coursework includes and emphasis on management and leadership, food preparation, sanitation, safety and hygiene, food science and nutrition, food and beverage service, quantity food production, cost controls, purchasing and material management, event management, marketing, catering and wine selection and service.
Typical jobs include General Manager, Banquet Manager, Director of Operations, Director of Menu Development, Director of Purchasing, Restaurant Owner and Caterer.
- ASCI 213-Meat Specifications & Procurement*
- HRTM 274-Intro to Food & Beverage Management
- HRTM 373-Catering
- HRTM 472-Fine Food & Wine
- HRTM 474-Food & Beverage Management
- HRTM 477-Hospitality Facility Planning & Purchasing
- CHEM 105-Chemistry in Context I
- FDST 301-Chemistry of Food
- NUTR 244 & NUTR 245-Scientific Principles of Food Preparation & Lab*
- NUTR 343-Meat Culinology® III: Foodservice Applications
- NUTR 370-Food Production Management*
- NUTR 372-Food Safety & Sanitation