Human Resources Emphasis
Why would I want to work in Human Resources?
A career in Human Resources brings with it multiple opportunities for variety and career progression. As hospitality organizations have become increasingly aware of the importance to attract, build and retain the best representatives for their workforce, they have looked to human resources to lead the way.
Today’s human resource professionals must have an in-depth knowledge about a variety of topics and act as administrative experts, change agents, and strategic partners.
They connect an organization's most important assets, its people, to products and services produced through value added activities. Activities include areas such as:
- talent management
- training and development
- change management
- employee relations
- complaints and grievances
- employee rights
- health and safety
- strategic planning
The UNL HRTM program draws on faculty industry experience to prepare students to manage and lead organizations in the global business of hospitality.
- HRTM 481 Legal Environment in Hospitality Management
- HRTM 484 Human Resources Management in the Hospitality Industry
- JGEN 120 Basic Business Communication
- MNGT 361 Personnel/Human Resource Management
- EDAD 421 Foundations of Human Resource Development*
- MNGT 461 Advanced Personnel/Human Resource Management*
- MNGT 464 Human Resource Planning*
- EDAD 422 Instructional Design in Human Resource Development*
- FINA 307 Principles of Individual Risk Management & Insurance
- ALEC 412 Multimedia Applications for Education & Training*