An emphasis in lodging prepares you to enter management or entrepreneurial positions in resorts, restaurants, hotels, inns, or bed and breakfast enterprises.
You will learn to address current industry needs through exposure to current issues. Site visits, and visits from industry leaders who discuss current trends, bring an entrepreneurial approach to learning.
The program primarily focuses on:
- efficient hotel operation,
- business ethics,
- financial control,
- marketing principles,
- human resource management, and,
- resort development.
This combination of knowledge, experience, and skills will enable the customer service oriented, hard-working graduate to perform with excellence in the expanding hospitality industry.
- HRTM 274-Intro to Food & Beverage Management
- HRTM 280-Intro to Tourism
- HRTM 285-Intro to the Lodging Industry
- HRTM 289-Intro to the Event Industry
- HRTM 474-Food & Beverage Management
- HRTM 477-Hospitality Facility Planning & Purchasing
- HRTM 485-Advanced Lodging Operations
- HRTM 373-Catering
- TXCD 121-Design Essentials