Would you like to work in a growing, dynamic, ever-changing global industry offering tourism, travel, cultural and educational experiences? Then the Tourism Emphasis is the right choice for you!
A Bachelor of Arts degree in Hospitality, Restaurant and Tourism Management with an emphasis in tourism is designed to prepare you for managerial positions in the tourism industry, including convention centers, event tourism, travel agencies and/or destination management organizations.
The events and tourism industries are expanding fast. In fact, tourism is now one of the world's biggest and fastest growing sectors. The World Tourism Organization states in the UNWTO Tourism Highlights, 2013 Edition* that international tourism receipts within the U.S. totaled over 115.6 billion dollars in 2011, and 126.2 billion in 2012.
With this rapid growth, demand for people with the right qualifications is high. In the tourism emphasis you will learn marketing and management aspects of entrepreneurial tourism development through investigation of cultural, economic, and demand functions that affect modern tourism promotion and progress.
- HRTM 280-Intro to Tourism
- ALEC 428-Leadership in Public Organizations
- JOUR 101-Principles of Mass Media
- JOUR 102-The Art of Writing or JGEN 120 Basic Business Communications
- JGEN 200-Technical Communications I or JGEN 300 Technical Communications II
- ALEC 412-Multimedia Applications for Education & Training*