Business Education, Marketing Education and Information Technology Education are teacher certification programs at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln that lead to the attainment of one or more of the following Nebraska Department of Education Endorsements:
- Business, Marketing & Information Technology Field Endorsement (Grs. 6 – 12)
- Cooperative Education – Diversified Occupations Supplementary Endorsement (Grs. 6 – 12)
Students in this program pursue a degree of study through the College of Education and Human Sciences Students in this program work in conjunction with the College of Business Administration, the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, and the College of Education and Human Sciences for their professional education.
Courses Common to the Business and Marketing Endorsements
- Curriculum and Technology Issues
- Multimedia Applications
- Computer Applications
- Teaching and Curriculum Principles
- Occupational Training Coordination
- Introduction to Special Vocational Needs
- Personal Finance
- Business Law
- Educational foundations and teaching-learning theory.
- Students also gain experience working in culturally diverse educational settings.
- Field Experiences include 100 hours of Practicum work and 16 weeks of student teaching under the direct supervision of master teachers and university faculty representatives.
Candidates who successfully complete the required course work qualify for secondary teacher certification. Additionally, candidates qualify for one or more of the following endorsements as recognized by the Nebraska Department of Education:
- Business, Marketing & Information Technology
- Cooperative Education – Diversified Occupations Supplemental Endorsement