Graduate & Professional Catalog

Academic Catalog

TLTE Advanced Graduate Course Schedule

Courses are subject to change.

Summer 2024 - Spring 2025

Permission Code Requests

Ex. TEAC 889, 895, 899, 995, 996, 997, or 999

1. Discuss the desired course with your advisor first!

Independent Study courses require you to fill out an Independent Study Form.

2. Fill out the permission code request form by choosing the appropriate course number. From the Grading Instructor dropdown menu, select either your graduate faculty advisor or the faculty member offering the course.

After submitting this form and receiving approval from the Grading Instructor, consult the registration procedures from the Office of the University Registrar.

If you have difficulty or questions with this process, please contact the TLTE Main Office at 402-472-2231, or email

Conference Travel Support

Pay for your travel to professional conferences

1. Funds from the University: Learn more about the Graduate Student Travel Award offered by the Office of Graduate Studies. 

2. Funds from the College of Education and Human Sciences: Follow these guidelines to apply for Grants for Participation in Professional Conferences.

3. Funds from the Department of Teaching, Learning and Teacher Education: Please submit funding requests to Dr. Ben Heinisch and Department Chair Dr. Loukia K. Sarroub. To help them respond to your request, please include the following:

  • The conference and/or sponsoring organization
  • Dates of the conference
  • Location (city and state or country)
  • Whether you're presenting a research paper/round table/or poster (please be clear if you are attending without presenting or doing service for the organization)

*Conference travel requests must be made at least one month prior to dates of travel.

Upon receiving your travel award letter, submit the travel request approval via Firefly. Instructions for travel authorization can be found here.

Additional Resources

Registrar Student Resources (Enrollment tutorials, transcripts, MyRed, and commencement info)

Graduate Studies Forms & Deadlines (things to get done, every step of the way of your degree)

Graduate Student Association

Academic Calendar

Pixel Lab (printing, posters, and more!)

Office of Research

Department Contacts (who does what in TLTE?)

Annual Self Report Form

Writing Center 

Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)

Husker Pantry

Student Health Insurance


Parking & Transit Services

calendar icon

Rolling Admissions and Monthly Review
Deadline: the first Monday of each month August through May

calendar icon

January 15 for Fall Semester

October 1 biennially for Spring Semester

Jenelle Reeves

Jenelle Reeves
Graduate Chair

Joelle Tangen

Graduate Project Associate