Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design
The Department of Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design offers on-campus MA, MS and Ph.D. programs with focuses available in Textiles and Apparel Design, Textile Science, Textile History and Quilt Studies, or Merchandising.
Graduate DegreesConnect with Graduate Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy (Apparel Design, Material Culture & Textile Studies, Merchandising, Textile Science) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Graduate Certificate (Quilt Studies) Certificate
- Master of Arts (Apparel Design, Material Culture & Textiles Studies) Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Master of Science (Merchandising, Textile Science) Master of Science (M.S.)
Application to this program
Requirements for Applicants
• Completion of online application through Admit; Applicants will indicate the intended program (PhD applicants will select Human Sciences, MA & MS applicants will select Textiles, Merchandising & Fashion Design). All applicants will select a specialization
• Grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
• Minimum TOEFL scores (International Students only) 550 on paper test, 213 on computer based test or 79 on the internet based test (Institution code – 6877)
• Digital Portfolio for textile design and apparel design areas of interest.
• Required writing sample, such as a manuscript or published article resulting from earlier research (such as a master's thesis), paper given at a professional meeting, substantial paper such as a review of literature, grant proposal, critique of a research article, professional materials developed for use in one's workplace, or a course paper.
• MA & MS applicants will have successfully completed an undergraduate degree, and PhD applicants will have successfully completed an MA or MS degree if approved for a graduate program in Textiles, Merchandising & Fashion Design.