The mission of the graduate programs in the Department of Nutrition and Health Sciences (NHS) is to prepare graduate students for advanced research and professional careers in biochemical and molecular nutrition, community nutrition and health promotion, dietetics, nutrition and exercise, nutrition and exercise physiology, and hospitality management. These careers will be in diverse settings such as higher education, healthcare, industry, government, and foundations.
Our main areas of research include:
- Biochemical and molecular nutrition
- Bioactives and phytochemicals
- Community nutrition and health promotion
- Extracellular vesicles
- Nutrition and exercise physiology
- Obesity: molecular mechanisms and prevention and treatment in community and clinical settings
Our main areas of health and healthcare training include:
- Athletic training, forthcoming in summer 2024
- Professional Studies in Dietetics
- Dietetics (online) through The Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (GP-IDEA)
- Graduate courses and certificates in public health are also available from the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) and can be completed concurrently with program completion.