Can I ask the secretaries to help me with work?

The department does not provide secretarial assistance or office supplies to graduate students, except for work related to the major adviser's research project. In such cases, the work request should be made by the major adviser. Personal correspondence, letters of application, thesis preparation, or course work is not the responsibility of the Department or the secretaries. Secretary telephones, typewriters, computers, printers, and paper are not available for student use. Student computers are available in 137 Home Economics. Student must supply their own paper, disks, and other personal supplies.