Hospitality, Restaurant, and Tourism ManagementMaster of Science (M.S.)
This specialization is designed to meet the needs of individuals who are changing from another career into hospitality, restaurant, and tourism management (HRTM) or who wish to pursue advanced education in HRTM to enhance their employment opportunities. This program is a combination of coursework and experiential learning to prepare students to become administrators and entrepreneurs within the hospitality industry.
Most students in this master's program will be non-thesis (Option B) and will focus on courses individualized to their future career goals. Master's students who wish to complete a research thesis (Option A) will conduct research with a graduate faculty member.
M.S., Hospitality, Restaurant, and Tourism Management (HRTM)
Requires the following courses (12 credit hours):
- HRTM 876 Internship in Hospitality Management
- HRTM 881 Legal Environment in Hospitality Management (3)*
- HRTM 883 Hospitality Finance (3)*
- Any one of the following options (3 credit hours):
Course descriptions can be found here.
*If you have already completed any of the HRTM courses at the undergraduate level (taken courses at the 400 level), please contact HRTM graduate coordinator Dr. Kristin Malek to discuss this graduate program specialization.
Total credits required:
- M.S. Option A: 30 total credit hours, requires research thesis
- M.S. Option B: 30 total credit hours, non-thesis
The Department of Nutrition and Health Sciences at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is committed to creating an environment that is welcoming to all; where each person feels accepted, valued, and safe. To learn more, visit https://cehs.unl.edu/nhs/nhs-deib/.
- Arena Manager/Director
- Business Event Strategist
- Catering Manager/Director
- Club Manager/Director
- Cruise Ship Manager
- Director of Food and Beverage
- Event Designer
- Event Manager/Director
- Food and Beverage Manager/Director
- General Manager
- Hospitality Entrepreneur
- Hotel/Resort/Lodging Manager
- Human Resources Manager/Director
- Menu Development
- Restaurant Owner
- Tourism Manager/Director
- Wedding Planner