Technology Innovation Projects
Student technology fees are intended to enhance student learning and the student experience. The CEHS Technology Committee is allocating a portion of the student technology fees received by the College to support innovative projects that advance how we think about and use technology in this context. The committee is particularly looking for projects that:
1) are designed primarily to benefit to students’ learning experiences,
2) provide an opportunity for the College to learn about the application of technology, and
3) are replicable and have the potential to be adopted on a wider scale if effective.
Applications for Technology Innovation Projects are reviewed once annually during the Spring semester. Project applications are due on March 13, 2020. The CEHS Technology Committee reviews projects and determines approval in conjunction with budget decisions.
Amount of Support
The amount of support for projects is variable and is determined by the amount of student technology fees available and budget priorities. It is the intention of the CEHS Technology Committee to support one to two projects per year with costs expected to be $7,500 or less for each project.
Where to Submit Proposals
Proposals can be submited using the online proposal form.
What does the committee consider in making decisions about supporting projects?
1) Does the project benefit students and how many students are impacted by the project?
2) Is the project led by individual faculty or staff who are responsible for the management and outcomes?
3) Does the project produce innovative ideas about using technology?
4) Does the project help advance what we know about using technology to support the student learning experience?
5) Do projects develop ideas that might be expanded or refined for wider adoption?
6) Is there a plan and commitment to gather and share information about the impact of the project?
7) Has there been adequate consideration of the technical support that will be required to make the project successful?
8) Are purchases made by the project primarily focused on technology?
For further information contact Al Steckelberg at email@example.com or 402-472-5491
Innovation Project Proposal Outline
Purpose and description of the project
Provide a purpose statement and a description of the activities and outcomes of the project.
Describe the impact of the project and how it will be reported including how students will be affected. Describe how the project is innovative and how it advances practice in the College.
Indicate a commitment to share project results with the College and describe how this will be accomplished. Describe what will you report and how will it be shared.
Describe how technical support for the project will be provided. Is this provided by the project itself? Is it supported by College technical support? What technical support will be required to make the project successful? For assistance with questions reguarding technical support, please contact Mary Sutton (firstname.lastname@example.org, 402-472-2896
Provide a detailed budget of proposed expenditures including estimated costs for technology and related costs for implementation.